Test Your Knowledge [Men in the Bible]
[From Email notifications, click the title for best web viewing]
Here I am again – Making up a test for Father’s Day! As I have mentioned before, ever since I was a 2nd-grade teacher, one of my favorite ‘educator activities’ was designing tests, quizzes, and worksheets! Since Father’s Day is around the corner, I wanted to make up a short TRUE and FALSE test about Men in the Bible. Try it just for fun. Not a test taker? That’s okay. Just forward it to a friend who is!
Have a blessed Father’s Day whether it is celebrating your dad, your grandfather, a friend, or just celebrating yourself.
I would love for you to honor a special man in your life by putting a 1 or 2-word description of them in the comment section of this blog, i.e. Dad-Helpful; Grandpa-Loves God; Late Grandfather-So kind; Step-father-Provider.
True or False Trivia Quiz – 5 points / question. TOTAL SCORE: __________%
Men in the Bible
- _____ Solomon was David’s second son by Bathsheba.
- _____ Methuselah was the last of the minor prophets and the writer of the last book of the Old Testament.
- _____ Joshua accompanied Moses part of the way when he ascended Mount Sinai to receive the two tablets.
- _____ Reuben was the eldest son of Jacob and Leah.
- _____ Simeon’s mother was Eunice and his grandmother was Lois.
- _____ Barabbas was a robber whom Pilate proposed to condemn to death instead of Jesus.
- _____ Naaman was cured of blindness when he dipped himself 7 times in the Jordan River.
- _____ Aaron and Hur held up Moses’ hands in prayer when fighting the Amalekites.
- _____ Maoch was a wise man and legal expert consulted by King Xerxex.
- _____ Josiah became king over Judah when he was 7 years old.
- _____ Jesus said, “Come unto me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.”
- _____ Ben-Hur was the first of a list of twelve district governors appointed by Solomon to oversee his kingdom.
- _____ Belshazzar was the new name given to Daniel.
- _____ Gauis was one of Jesus’ travelling companions.
- _____ King Hezekiah was a godly king.
- _____ Jahziel was a synagogue ruler in the area of Lake Galilee and was an example of a man of faith to Mark and Luke.
- _____ Jethro was Moses’ father-in-law.
- _____ Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar were friends who sought to comfort Job when he encountered calamity.
- _____ Joseph’s brothers stripped Joseph of the multi-colored tunic his father gave him.
- _____ Pudens was one of Joab’s friends.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
- True; However, Solomon was the first son after their legal marriage, but their first child died. 2 Samuel 12:16-25
- False; Malachi was the last of the minor prophets and the writer of the last book of the Old Testament.
- True; Exodus 32
- True; Genesis 29:32
- False; Timothy was a young disciple; His mother was Eunice and his grandmother was Lois. 2 Timothy 1:5
- True; John 18:40
- False; He was cured of leprosy not blindness. His cure is alluded to in Luke 4:27.
- True; Exodus 17:10-12
- False; Marsena was a wise and legal expert. Esther 1:14. Maoch was the father of Achish. 1 Samuel 27:2
- False; Josiah became king over Judah at 8 years old. 2 Kings 22:1
- True; Matthew 11:28
- True; 1 Kings 4:7-9
- False; Belteshazzar, not Belshazzar, was the new name given to Daniel. Daniel 1:7
- False; Gaius was one of Paul’s travelling companions. Acts 19:29
- True; 2 Kings 18-20
- False; Jairus was the ruler presented as an example of faith to Luke and Mark. Mark 5:22-23
- True; Exodus 3:1
- True; Book of Job
- True; Genesis 37:23
- False; Pudens was one of Paul’s friends. 2 Timothy 4:21
The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him. Proverbs 23:24
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
And do not carry a burden out of your houses on the Sabbath or do any work, but keep the Sabbath day holy, as I commanded your fathers. Jeremiah 17:22
My heavenly Father, Thank you for my father, my grandfathers, and all the men influences I have had in my life. Teach me to respect them and care for them. If there are ways I have hurt them or they have hurt me, give me the courage to repent and/or to forgive them. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
If you liked this article and would like to receive email notifications of new posts or to receive monthly newsletters, please click here and scroll down on www.GreenePastures.org to subscribe. It is an easy way not to miss any posts in your feed! Moreover, I would love seeing you as part of the Greene Pastures Community.
My Books – Available on Amazon or can be ordered at any retail book store.
To order Awaken Me: Growing Deeper in Bible Study and Prayer (A Devotional Prayer Journal) by Patti Greene, click here.
To order Anchor Me: Laying a Foundation in Bible Study and Prayer (A Devotional Prayer Journal) by Patti Greene, click here.
Comments are always welcome. And, I would love to see you subscribe to my blog. To sign up for Newsletter and/or blog, click here.
On my blog, I want to write about topics that serve your needs and about what matters to you. I strive to help you with your needs and interests. Therefore, I am inviting you to share your interests with me so the content I write about will be more relevant to you. Please comment on this blog or email me at email@example.com for confidentiality.