Test Your Knowledge [Women in the Bible]
[From Email notifications, click the title for best web viewing]
I just LOVE making up tests. Ever since I was a 2nd-grade teacher, one of my favorite ‘educator activities’ was designing tests, quizzes, and worksheets!
Since Mother’s Day is around the corner, I wanted to make up a little fun activity about Women in the Bible. Try it just for fun. Not a test taker? That’s okay. Just forward it to a friend who is!
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day whether it is celebrating your mom, your grandmother, a friend, or just celebrating YOU.
I’d love for you to honor a special woman in your life by putting a 1 or 2-word description of them in the comment section of this blog, i.e. Mom-So kind; Grammy-Fabulous cook.
True or False Trivia Quiz – 5 points / question. TOTAL SCORE: __________%
Women in the Bible
- _____ Hannah prayed specifically for a son.
- _____ Eve was created from a rib.
- _____ Elizabeth, John the Baptist’s mother, was the reason Jesus performed his 1st recorded miracle.
- _____ Deborah was one of Israel’s most charismatic judges.
- _____ Anna, the prophetess, was childless.
- _____ Abishag was a beautiful Shunammite woman who tended King David in his old age.
- _____ Salone, Herodias’ daughter, was responsible for John the Baptist losing his head.
- _____ Ruth was a Jewish convert who passed her faith on to her grandson Timothy.
- _____ Abishag had a son named Obed.
- _____ A well-known woman in the Bible said, “Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.”
- _____ Tabitha (which translated means Dorcas) was a seamstress and made tunics and other garments.
- _____ Rachel was the woman Jacob was tricked into marrying by a deal connived by her father Laban.
- _____ Mary complained to her sister Martha because Martha was just sitting around talking to Jesus.
- _____ Naomi was the great-great-grandmother of Israel’s most revered king – King David.
- _____ The servant Rhoda saw Jesus when she answered a door, so she ran to tell others.
- _____ Deborah, daughter of Jacob and Leah, was raped and her brothers wanted revenge.
- _____ Gomer was the prostitute that God told Hosea to marry.
- _____ The Queen of Sheba traveled to see King Solomon to test his wisdom.
- _____ Mary, Jesus’ mother, said “How will this be since I am a virgin?”
- _____ Lydia was the mother of Mark.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
- True; 1 Samuel 1:11
- True; Genesis 2:22
- False; Mary, Jesus’ mother, was the reason Jesus performed his 1st recorded miracle John 2:1-10
- True; Judges 4
- True; Luke 2:36-37
- True; 1 Kings 1:4
- True; Matthew 14:8
- False; Lois was Timothy’s grandmother. 2 Timothy 1:5
- False; Obed’s parents were Ruth and Boaz. Ruth 4:22
- False; This quote is attributed to Corrie Ten Boom – a Dutch Christian who, along with her father and other family members, helped many Jews escape the Nazi Holocaust during World War II.
- True; Acts 9:36-39
- False; Leah was the woman Jacob was tricked into marrying by her father Laban. Genesis 29:14 – 29:30
- False; Martha complained to Mary because she was just sitting around talking to Jesus. Luke 10:38-42
- True; Ruth 4:17
- False; Rhoda saw Peter when she answered the door. She was so excited she left Peter standing outside while she ran to tell others. Acts 12:12-16
- False; Jacob and Leah’s daughter’s name was Dinah. She was raped and her brothers did take revenge. Genesis 34:1
- True; Hosea 1:2
- True; 1 Kings 10:3-4
- True; Luke 1:34
- False; Lydia was a Christian Thyatiran woman and a seller of purple goods. Rhoda was the mother of Mark. Acts 12:13