Over the years, I have only missed one Thanksgiving with my mom and/or my dad. That was the year we moved from Kingwood/Houston, Texas to St. Peters/St. Louis, Missouri in November 1992. If you knew my age, that is a lot of Thanksgivings spent with my parents. My mom’s house has been the “go-to house” for all our family holidays.
Being the photo enthusiast that I am, I have multiple pictures of Thanksgiving food from various occasions held at my parent’s home. Today, I am thankful I can share these pictures of our Thanksgiving meals, along with my special Bible verses.
You see, Mom just turned 93-years-old. I am thankful our family still has her as our matriarch. My father passed away three years ago.
In addition, I am grateful for all the good family times we have had over my lifetime celebrating Thanksgiving—even when we lived in England!
Mom, in your honor, I share your love of cooking with the world!
I love you and thank you for everything you have done for your family.
1. Let us come to Him with thanksgiving . . . (Psalm 95:2)
2. I have not stopped giving thanks for you in my prayers. (Ephesians 1:16)
3. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)
4. I thank my God every time I remember you. (Philippians 1:3)
5. Give thanks to the Lord for He is good . . . (1 Chronicles 16:34)
6. Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
7. Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name. (Isaiah 12:4)
Happy Thanksgiving my friends. Thanks for being part of the Greene Pastures Blog Family.