Bible Reading Plans and Tips
Wishing you a “Happy New Year!”
Let me end this year by encouraging you to choose a Bible reading plan and read the Bible through in 2021. You will never regret soaking up the Word of God.
Below is a link with many different plans you can chose from. Choose one that suits you best and go for it!
Also, here are a few tips that I have learned over the years.
1. Skip over the Bible genealogy you can’t pronounce. [At this point, knowing there’s a genealogy is enough for now, especially if this is your first read-through.]
2. Read with a pen, highlighter and notebook nearby to write down verses, questions, or things you want to look up later.
3. It is okay to read ahead. There will be days you will miss.
4. If possible, find a friend to read along with you on the same plan. [This way you will have a comrade to share with.]
5. Don’t be discouraged if you lag behind. Keep at it. So what if it takes you 1 1/2 or 2+ years to finish?
6. If you are reading a book for your Bible study class or group, count it. When you get to that book, you will be happy to have some catch-up time.
7. If you are in a plan where you are reading the entire Old Testament at once, give yourself permission to stop and read something in the New Testament.
8. Share meaningful verses with your friends and family.
9. Look for God’s sense of humor as you read. For example, today I did something rather “stupid” and the next thing I read (in my plan) was in Matthew 11:4. It said, “Go and report to John what you hear and see.”
Yikes, John is my husband’s name! I laughed when I read that. I still haven’t told him, but I will when he wakes up!!!
Best wishes and again, have a blessed 2021!
And please share this article with your friends and family!