As I pondered the new patriotic fabric bolts in my closet, I began speculating that instead of keeping my feet up relaxing during this pandemic—maybe, just maybe—it was time to put my feet to the pedal.
But, “How Lord?”
Honestly, I was quite comfortable sitting on my couch in my own home during my city’s stay-at-home advisory.
After a short while, with some prayer and the Holy Spirit promptings, I was impressed to make/have made face masks! A lot of face masks—like using all my fabric which totaled about 1,500+ face masks.
”What Lord? That’s crazy!” I responded.
“Why Lord?” “Obedience Patti,” He responded. Of course, I just heard “JUST DO IT!” Hmm.
“When Lord?” “Immediately,” he declared.
I have been on this path before, and I know to obey God is always the best route to follow—even if it sounds absurd.
“But Lord, 1,500+ face masks? Are you sure?” No response!
We might not always understand what God is asking us to do or why He is asking us to do it, but such a large quantity became our goal.
I might note, I still don’t know why and I might never know.
I am just hoping I don’t end up with that many face masks hidden in my closet for my children to figure out what to do with them when my day comes!
Learning to Follow
Learning to follow the Lord’s promptings has led me to some crazy ministry ideas, i.e. allowing my son to miss Vacation Bible School so he could “take care of his gerbil named Pizza”; driving around an apartment complex writing down pithy bumper sticker expressions for our education minister and more.
This face mask idea may be one of these crazy ministry ideas to add to my list! We shall see. But, it stemmed from desiring to be obedient to the Lord. Sometimes I obey reluctantly rather than obeying immediately. This might be the case here since I feel I am a week later than I should be in selling face masks—my sew(er) even said so.
So, after a week of speculating, there wasn’t any question that I should obey the prompting, and for that reason, Greene Pastures Shop has created eight different kinds of patriotic face masks. Getting this many face masks manufactured and creating an online store within a week was a monumental task.
It is only appropriate to thank my husband for his unfailing support and technical expertise. He’s been on this road with me before. Some people may call it creative, but we call it “Patti’s crazy ministry ideas.”
Face Mask Description
3- Pack Swirling Stars Face Masks
- Masks follow CDC Guidelines
- Triple-layer protection; 100% cotton fabric (front), middle filter barrier, and 65% cotton polyester/35% cotton fabric (back); 8.5 x 4.5″ finished pleated product; 8.5 x7″ when open.
- Filter Pocket includes 1 MERV 13 filter. MERV 13 filters are high-quality filters that fight dust & lint, dust mites, pet dander, cough & sneezes, bacteria, pollen, mold, smog, smoke, and viruses; Filters are not reusable and cannot be washed
- Covers nose, mouth, and lower face with a comfortable, moldable nose bridge
- Packets of 3 reusable MERV13 filters can be purchased
- Made in the U.S.A. Ships from Houston, Texas
- Each mask comes individually wrapped; Wash in warm water and dry line
- Sold in a set of 3
- DISCLAIMER: Wearing this mask will not guarantee immunity to any virus (including Covid-19) and should only be viewed as a preventative measure. These face coverings are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders as recommended by current CDC guidance.
Shipping and Tax
- Free Standard Shipping by USPS Priority Mail; Tax included in price
Face Mask Order Information
I hope you will consider purchasing a set of these masks. Help me not to feel so crazy!
(Hint: When ordering a mask, you must put something in the address field that asks for your apartment/unit number. Just put N/A or something. We did good technical-wise, but getting rid of that field was one task we could not figure out.)
COVID-19 BLOG LINKS
And if you haven’t read my Coronavirus blogs yet, I hope you do soon.
And looking forward, a new blog is coming soon by Guest Blogger Ellsworth Johnson and it is terrific. Keep your eyes open for it.
So the Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God for our good always and for our survival, as it is today. (Deuteronomy 6:24)
“Has the Lord as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams. (1 Samuel 15:22)
For as through the one man’s disobedience, the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. (Romans 5:19)
Dear Heavenly Father,
You are loved. I love You so much.
We are all facing this COVID-19 season from different viewpoints and circumstances. You are here for each one of us.
Nonetheless, it is my privilege to know that You know what I am going through right now. You created me in my mother’s womb, and You know me better than anyone else. Help me to see this time from Your perspective. Let me be grateful when struggling and when at peace. Show me my sins. Let me honor You as I seek Your will. I want to surrender my life to You no matter what the predicaments I find myself in. Give me wisdom as I pray for others. Place the names of those who need prayer upon my heart. And Lord, let me obey You without question even if You lead me to do crazy things. Let me confirm through Your Word, prayer and the protection You have given me thus far, the path You have for my life. Thank you, Lord.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.