Test Your Knowledge [Thanksgiving] / by Patti Greene, Greene Pastures by Patti
[From Email notifications, click the title for best web viewing]
Many of you know the Bible contains many sentences about thankfulness, being thankful, thanks, and thanking. So, let’s do something fun this Thanksgiving! Let’s test your knowledge on Biblical phrases or sentences using derivatives of the word “THANK.”
Below you will find 20 fill-in-the-blank Bible verses from the English Standard Version [ESV] version. See how many you can get correct. If you have an ESV Bible, feel free to use the open-book option to find your answers.
The answers are listed at the end of the blog. Please share this blog with your friends and family – especially educators who love tests they don’t have to make up!
Thanksgiving Bible Trivia Quiz
- From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of _______________. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained. Jeremiah 30:19
a. bells b. music c. rejoicing d. gratitude
- Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all _______________ ; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
a. cities b. things c. situations d. circumstances
- It was the duty of the trumpeters and _______________ to make themselves heard in unison in praise and thanksgiving to the Lord, and when the song was raised, with trumpets and cymbals and other musical instruments, in praise to the Lord. 2 Chronicles 5:12-13
a. singers b. saxophones c. musicians d. choir
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all _______________, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16
a. love b. wisdom c. words d. praise
- With the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving he shall bring his offering with _______________ of leavened bread. Leviticus 7:13
a. cakes b. loaves c. muffins d. sticks
- I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his ________________, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High. Psalm 7:17
a. holiness b. perfection c. righteousness d. precepts
- Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; make _______________ to him with the harp of ten strings! Psalm 33:2
a. melody b. music c. dances d. praises
- To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and _______________, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king’s matter. Daniel 2:23
a. might b. justice c. love d. knowledge
- But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay. _______________ belongs to the Lord!” Jonah 2:9
a. Patience b. Tithe c. Salvation d. Eternal life
- And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “_______________ of it, all of you . . .” Matthew 26:27
a. Sip b. Drink c. Swallow d. Gulp
- Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider say “_______________” to your thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying? 1 Corinthians 14:16
a. Blessings b. Amen c. Praise d. Exaltation
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to _______________. Philippians 4:6
a. your Heavenly Father b. the angels c. Jesus d. God
- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of ________________, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
a. Everlasting God b. Yahweh c. the Lord Jesus d. your creator
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his ________________ with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! Psalms 100:4
a. courts b. gates c. door d. mansion
- Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make melody to our God on the _______________! Psalm 147:7
a. harmonica b. keyboard c. lyre d. harp
- For everything created by God is _______________, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 1 Timothy 4:4
a. heavenly b. first-class c. good d. marvelous
- We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers, as is right, because your ________________ is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. 2 Thessalonians 1:3
a. love b. faith c. hope d. confidence
- And let the peace of Christ ________________ in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
a. control b. rule c. grow d. be powerful
- The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, _______________, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. Luke 18:11
a. unjust b. liars c. murderers d. robbers
- First, I thank my God through ________________ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. Romans 1:8
a. praise b. Jesus Christ c. the Holy Spirit d. Abraham
Scroll all the way down for the answers.
Heavenly Father, thank you for this wonderful day. You are a mighty God and you do so much for me. I am so grateful for your love, your kindness, your patience, and your direction. Thank you for my family and friends. Thank you for my well-being. Thank you that I can trust in your guidance and love every day of my life. Thank you for giving strength and protection to me. You are a generous and holy God. In Jesus’ name.
God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving,
Patti Greene, Member Inspirational Writers Alive
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version containing the Old and New Testament. Wheaton: Crossway, 2001. [All verses come from the English Standard Bible unless noted otherwise]
Edited by E. Johnson
If you liked this article and would like to receive email notifications of new posts or to receive monthly newsletters, please click here and scroll down on www.GreenePastures.org to subscribe. It is an easy way not to miss any posts in your feed! Moreover, I would love seeing you as part of the Greene Pastures Community.
My Books – Available on Amazon or can be ordered at any retail book store. You may order an autographed copy by clicking on ‘Shop-Books by Patti Greene’ on this site.
NEW RELEASE – Answer Me: Developing a Heart for Prayer
Just in time for Christmas! Answer Me: Developing a Heart for Prayer has just been released by WestBow Press. I am so excited about this new book. If you or anyone you know is interested in developing a life of prayer, this 90-day prayer journal is perfect.
Answer Me includes:
- An Undated Dateline
- Topic on Prayer
- Scripture Verse
- Suggested Reading
- Daily Thought
- Prayer Request Section
- Personal Reflection Section
To Order from Amazon:
A 90-day devotional prayer journal for all ages; This informative and how-to book on prayer is for seekers, new believers, and mature believers. It encourages a commitment and devotion to the art of prayer. Learn how God reveals himself through Bible study and prayer. ISBN: 978-1512760453 (Paperback) $11.95 on Amazon.
Other Books by Patti Greene:
A 365-day devotional prayer journal for in-depth Bible study; Fun words or phrases from the Old and New Testaments! Perfect for mature believers. ISBN: 978-1490893181 (Paperback) $27.95 on Amazon.
A 181-day devotional prayer journal for growing individuals; The Bible and social issues. Perfect for new believers. Comes with a group study guide. ISBN: 978-1490893174 (Paperback) $19.95 on Amazon.
On my blog, I want to write about topics that serve your needs and about what matters to you. I strive to help you with your needs and interests. Therefore, I am inviting you to share your interests with me so the content I write about will be more relevant to you. Please comment on this blog or email me at Patti@GreenePastures.org for confidentiality.
Answers to Test Your Knowledge [Thanksgiving] – 5 Points for Each Correct Answer!
- c – rejoicing
- d – circumstances
- a – singers
- b – wisdom
- b – loaves
- c – righteousness
- a – melody
- a – might
- c – Salvation
- b – Drink
- b – Amen
- d – God
- c – the Lord Jesus
- a – courts
- c – lyre
- c – good
- b – faith
- b – rule
- a – unjust
- b – Jesus Christ